About Oakley

This is a record of the restoration of narrowboat Oakley, a large Northwich of the Town class of the Grand Union Canal Carrying Co. Ltd. built in 1936 by Yarwoods in Northwich. Her fleet number was 159, she was registered at Rickmansworth number 98 and her gauging number was 12631. She originally had a Russel Newbury DM2 engine. She was originally paired with butty Oxted. She was absorbed into the British Waterways fleet in 1948. If you have any information regarding the history of Oakley then please contact me.

Monday, January 28, 2008

Engine PaintIng and Back Deck



After getting the engine steam cleaned I sanded any rough bits of paint. Removed or masked off any bits I didn't want spraying. I then sprayed it with a zinc phosphate primer, it is now ready for it's first coat of Brunswick green.

I have also completed the back deck

1 comment:

Absolutely Dreadful said...

Top Work Steve!!

Look forward to the re-launching when it's done. Great to see old metal getting restored eh? All the scale and rust removal will be well worth it.

See you when I do!

Joe ;)